|Date Posted||May 16, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
|Street Address||Nairobi Branch|
Scope of Work - Immigration Consultant
Organisation:Catholic Relief Services
Closing date: 15 May 2019
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS started full-scale implementation of activities in Kenya in 1960s, focusing on the following programming areas: Microfinance; Agriculture; Water and Sanitation (WASH); Health; HIV/AIDS; Justice and Peace building; Child Protection; Education; and Emergency Response. Most of CRS’ work is implemented through local implementing partners, with CRS providing technical guidance and general oversight on project implementation.
Catholic Relief Services seeks to engage the services of a reputable immigration consultant or consulting Firm to provide services and logistical support to international staff in relation to procurement of work permit, re-entry visas and other immigration related documents.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
The Immigration Consultant’s responsibilities shall include the following:
· Procurement of new work permits, work permit renewals, re-entry visas for all international staff:-application forms to be ready 3 months before staff arrives in the country, CRS will process the application forms and cover letters to the Treasury/Immigration.
· Processing of special passes, dependent passes for spouse and children.
· Processing of multiple journey entry visa, inbound and outbound visas.
· Processing temporary work permit (special passes).
· Providing administrative and logistics support in Alien card registration process and card processing for staff and their dependents.
· Processing visa extensions
· Advising CRS on new government/immigration rules and regulations.
· The consultancy to pick the completed forms from CRS offices and forward them to the Treasury; -the process to be completed in two to three months
· Processing of dependent passes;-to be completed in four weeks (one month)
· Processing of multiple and journey visa-within two weeks depending on the type of visa
· Temporary work permit (special pass); to be completed in two weeks
· Visa extensions-to be done within one day after the collection of passport from the office
· Advising CRS on new immigration/government of Kenya regulations-this should be done immediately after the notice.
· Over 6 years’ experience working with Kenya Government/The treasury and Immigration departments.
· Audit certification
· Good knowledge of problem solving skills, integrity, maintains client