|Date Posted||March 29, 2020|
Business Support Assistant (SC 2) Dad
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders typically provide administrative support to team(s) and/or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision and job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a limited number of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
3. Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
4. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
5. Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
• Good attention to details.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.