|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
Job Title: Consulting Investigator
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Investigator/Analyst will support the Senior Investigator (“SI”) and the Senior Director of Investigations (“SDI”) of the Ethics and Compliance Unit (“ECU”), in providing support to investigations including reviewing case files, writing investigation reports, conducting interviews and reviewing/analyzing documents for cases originating predominantly from Africa, including field sites, and camp locations. In addition, the Investigator/Analyst may provide support to investigations of cases from other countries and locations where IRC operates.
• Experience leading investigations of complex fraud, collusion and procurement fraud in government programs, NGO programs or the equivalent;
• Experience working with investigation teams in distant locations and insecure environments;
• Experience conducting interviews of witnesses and subjects;
• Experience with international organizations and nonprofits, NGO sectors or grant-supported organizations, or the inspector general function within a large government organization.
• Prepare and finalize draft Investigative reports that are clearly and well written with appropriate presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions, and in accordance with ECU standards.
• Undertake investigations of alleged fraud, waste, financial corruption, misconduct, sexual exploitation and abuse ensuring objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout investigative processes in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and IRC guidelines and ECU policies and procedures;
• Development of investigative work plans; review and analyze information to determine its relevance and reliability, conduct interviews of staff and other involved parties, record interviews, obtain and analyze potential documentary and electronic evidence, conduct investigative research, prepare draft investigation reports, and present investigative results in a clear written form;
• Preparing informational requests, overseeing document collections, and conducting review of documents;
• Research of individuals, corporations, and other topics; Prepare reports and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination with the Sr. Director, Investigations
• Electronic evidence review, such as email and data;
• Interviews with IRC staff, vendors, and other third parties;
Certificates, licenses or advanced degrees in law, accounting or computer forensics an advantage: (CFE/CFF/CPA/CA/CCEP)
• Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Excellent judgment and discretion, and ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
• Analytical experience is a plus;