|Date Posted||December 2, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
Closing date: 06 Dec 2019
Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives. Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Gender Expert, Kenya
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a Gender Expert for Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. This 5-year project will improve household nutrition and women’s empowerment by strengthening African institutions’ ability to integrate nutrition and gender in agriculture interventions and business practices.
The Gender Expert will provide thought leadership on the development of tools, resources, and models that will facilitate the integration of gender into agriculture interventions. S/he will lead provision of technical services to IGNITE clients, supporting them to design, implement, and monitor gender-sensitive business strategies and agriculture activities in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania.
· Support clients on development, refinement, alignment, and/or roll-out of policies and procedures to promote gender mainstreaming and equitable business practices.
· Contribute to development of case studies that make the business case for integrating gender into agriculture activities and business plans.
· Develop and test tools that integrate both gender and nutrition into the design and implementation of agriculture activities.
· Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in sub-Saharan Africa, in at least 3 different countries; with an international NGO mainstreaming gender equity into food security, nutrition, or agriculture programs.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience facilitating training on gender, leading gender analysis and/or gender audits, providing gender technical support to organizations and institutions; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Co-create the design and implementation of gender activities that employ inter-generational and male engagement approaches.
Design and conduct participatory training and workshops on gender mainstreaming for clients.
Collaborate with evaluation partners in designing tools and assessments that identify most effective and efficient models for increasing women’s empowerment in agriculture.
· Experience working with agricultural market systems, rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales, and/or governments.