|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
|Street Address||Nairobi Branch|
Habitat for Humanity East Africa Office Coordinator
Org: Habitat for Humanity
Closing date: 29 Mar 2019
Habitat for Humanity International seeks to appoint an East Africa Office Coordinator to be based in Nairobi Kenya. The purpose of this position is to provide Programme, Finance and Administrative support services in the Habitat for Humanity East Africa Branch.
· Staff relocation: Serve as a point of contact and offer logistical support to employees in dealing with relocation (shipment, accommodation, schooling, etc.)
· Keep track of employee contracts expiry date, and advise EMEA HR in due time of the renewal process.
· Provide employees with ad hoc HR related documents based on their request.
· Ensure files are complete in accordance with audit requirements
· Ensure submission and payments of all statuary employer requirements
· Prepare payroll data for submission to EMEA HR.
Health and Safety
· Develop and manage the health and safety program for HFH East Africa Branch office ensuring updating of manuals as required by HFHI.
· Serve as a contact person between HQ and EMEA employees regarding the travel safety
· Coordinate the occupational health and safety program in for HFH East Africa Branch office
· 2 years accounting or bookkeeping experience
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages required. Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is preferred, especially accounting and procurement functions.
· Travel arrangements experience such as flight bookings, shuttle arrangements, etc.
· Experience in planning and executing events
· Experience in HR administration
· Ensure a conducive working environment that includes safe, clean and well-aerated work space, and a hospitable facility that meets modern office environment standards.
· Oversee the maintenance of company assets, facilities and equipment (e.g. printers, photocopiers etc) through regular and appropriate interaction with relevant service providers upon IT’s request and maintain an inventory of office assets.
· Ensure availability of tele-communication system to staff, including management of landlines and cellular phones.
· Ensure various property insurances are maintained at all time, including renewal and claims management.
Corporate Travel & Event Management
· Execute liaison duties between the organization and the Corporate Travel Management Company and the Corporate Shuttle Services Company
· Assist employees obtain business travel visas where required
· Arrange accommodation for visitors and assist them whenever required.
· Keep abreast with, and communicate to staff, all relevant travel-related communication and advisories, including security, health and weather.
· In liaison with the Travel Management Company, plan for, obtain and manage venues, finalize menus, transport arrangements, catering and entertainment, when necessary for functions, conferences, meetings etc. This may also include inviting of guests and delegates, keeping an accurate RSVP and contacts records, marketing, drawing up team rosters, delegate badges, arranging appropriate public liability insurance among others.
· In accordance with HFHI Procurement Policy and HFHI Procurement Procedure, assist in selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing
· Responsible for vendor relationship management and the updating of the supplier database annually
· Procurement of office stationery and equipment
· Provide advice and support to departments on procurement related activities such as, bidding processes, tenders etc. in compliance to the procurement policy
· Maintain a robust and transparent records in accordance with the HFHI Procurement Procedure.
· Handling the day-to-day accounting activities in the HFH East Africa Branch office by ensuring that all bills are paid on a timely basis; resolving all invoice issues with the relevant parties; follow up on invoicing and payment problems with business partners and ensure compliance with contracts.
· Ensure all accounting files are properly organized.
· Assist with maintenance of cash balances, by keeping track of actual cash balances in bank and processing cash replenishment documentation as per policy.
· Assist with year-end audit including providing all necessary documents to the auditors.
· Any other accounting / finance duties as assigned.
· Ability to multi task
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Cross-cultural sensitivity
· Willingness to affirm the Christian principles and core values of HFHI
· Fluency in English
Closing Date for Applications is 29 March 2019