|Date Posted||March 24, 2020|
Health Systems Strengthening Advisor
Closing date 27 Mar 2020
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal
Main Purpose of the role:
Options Consultancy seeks a Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Advisor to work closely with the Project Lead to embed sustainability mechanisms for stronger county health systems in the project.
The Health Systems Strengthening Advisor will perform the following tasks:
Technical Leadership and Advisory Services
• Provide Technical Leadership and Advisory Services on Health Systems Strengthening.
• In close liaison with county HSS officers, support the County Health Management Teams (CHMTs) to strengthen capacity and systems for efficient delivery of essential health services, including planning and budgeting and implementation of the MTEF Cycle.
• Promote the development of HSS officer’s capacity and CHMT through a broad range of approaches such as training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision, etc.
• Ensure implementation of HSS work plans and achievement of results across all the counties
• Manage performance of the Health Systems Strengthening milestones to the donor
• Manage the HSS officers, performance management including providing regular feedback etc
Partnerships and Teamwork
• Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way and in line with log frame targets.
• Build strong partnerships with the government and other key stakeholder to ensure the project is in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the project