|Date Posted||March 13, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
|Street Address||Nairobi Branch|
Project Officer- BHOPA II
Organisation: HelpAge International
Closing date: 26 Mar 2019
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and internationally.
• Experience in preparing clear and concise reports;
• Minimum of one-year experience on USAID Stabilization Programmes will be a distinct advantage;
Kenya, a country of approximately 50 million has about 1.8 million older people. The Government of Kenya over the years has been developing various policies and programmes aimed at improving the wellbeing of older persons and has the potential to play an important role within Africa and international forums advocating for older persons rights. In Kenya, HelpAge International has been working closely with various ministries of the Government of Kenya and other partners to develop relevant policy framework and programming for older persons focused on the issues of social protection, health and emergencies.
As part of the team the Project Officer will be responsible for mobilizing and coordinating partner level work, reporting, financial and programme Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning of the HelpAge International’s AFD and Maxwell Harvey funded health projects in Kenya funded.
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.